Requirements For Foreign Citizens To Enter Russia
Tourist Travel to Russia
- Passport must be valid 6 months beyond intended stay
- Tickets and Documents for return or onward travel
- Russian Visa is Required
- Vaccination - None Required
The following documents should be submitted to the Russian Embassy or Consulate to obtain visa to enter Russia.
Russian Tourist Visa
- Your original passport with at least 2 blank visa-designated pages (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after intended departure date from Russia).
- Two copies of Russian visa application form, completed and signed.
- ONE passport-size photo signed on the back.
- If Tour Group or Cruise Passenger: Letter from tour company or cruise line confirming itinerary and including a copy of the confirmation from authorized Russian travel company which shows the reference number and the voucher with Tournumber.
- If Individual Travel: Confirmation of hotel arrangements from authorized Russian travel company, or directly from the Russian hotel, showing reference number and confirmation number for the visa.
All Russian Visas should be registered upon arrival to the Russian Federation.
According to the Russian law, your Russian visa must be registered within 72 hours upon your arrival (excluding weekends and official holidays).
- If you are staying at a hotel, the hotel will register your visa. You will be asked of your visa, passport and immigration card issued at the Airport of the arrival in Russia..
- If you are not staying at the hotel, and you are traveling with a tourist visa, you will have to register your visa at the Passport and Visa Department of the local Police Precinct. As registration rules for private accommodation are complicated and change often, please contact our office immediately upon arrival for detailed information on the registration procedure.